MyReview is an open-source web application for managing the paper submission and paper review phases.
Following steps can be followed for successful installation of MyReview. Be careful
and attentive at each step.
1. Enable the apache‘s rewrite module, by running following command:
sudo a2enmod rewrite
2. Restart the apache, using command:
sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 restart
3. Run the following commands to setup a database.
CREATE DATABASE myreview DEFAULT CHARACTER SET utf8; GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON myreview.* TO root@localhost IDENTIFIED BY ‘your_mysql_password’
4. Open database.ini file, located at myreview_v2/config/default/database.ini
and change username as ‘root’, database as ‘myreview’ and give your mysql
5. Run the scripts named myreview.sql and Country.sql located at myreview_v2/install
directory via the phpMyAdmin utility, or with the MySQL command source
under the MySQL command-line utility.
6. Now import zmax_text.csv file located in myreview_v2/install directory, into
the zmax_text table. With MySQL, the simplest way is to use phpMyAdmin:
• go to the myreview database;
• select the zmax_text table in the left bar;
• select the ‘Import’ tab;
• choose the zmax_text CSV file and run the import.
Once this is done, your database is initialized and ready.
7. Check the following points in the php.ini file.
• File_upload must be on, otherwise authors will simply not be able to
upload their papers.
• Also check the upload_tmp_dir and upload_max_filesize values. By de-
fault PHP does not accept files whose size is greated than 2MB. (The upload_max_filesize sets the maximal size of uploaded files. It is limited to 2MB by default.)
8. Copy default file located in /etc/apache2/sites enabled/. You can simply copy and use as a template with this command:
sudo cp /etc/apache2/sites-available/default /etc/apache2/sites-available/myreview
9. Open the new configuration file using vi editor and edit with the correct
settings. Following is the command to open file with vi editor.
sudo vi /etc/apache2/sites-available/myreview
Following are the changes
that are required to be made.
• Change the ‘Document Root’ directive to /var/www/myreview/www/
• Also change the ‘Directory’ directive to /var/www/myreview/www/
• Under the line that begins ‘ServerAdmin’, add the following line:
Options Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews
allow from all
change AllowOverride None to Allow Override All
• Save changes to the configuration file, and then exit.
10. Enable the new site with the following command:
sudo a2ensite myreview
11. Restart the apache server using command:
sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 reload
12. Add the following to the hosts file located in /etc
13. Unzip the Zend.zip located at /var/www/myreview/library
14. Now restart the apache and enter the following in the browser to view the
homepage of MyReview system: